NOTE TO READERS

i'm changing blog sites. eventually i will just get my own domain and stop moving around so much, but for now i've found one that suits my needs. so if you're familiar or new, please check out

www.granolapath.tumblr.com

much love,
britta


1.09.2009

life in hillcrest

the new year passed for me in Colorado amongst close friends and family, with snow and champagne cascading down all around me...a somewhat quiet semblance of gold and grenadine that cast out 2008 and showered in the promises and hopes of 2009...

moving off point loma's campus could have been one of the best decision's i've made this year,
keeping in mind that only 8 days have passed this year, this is a largely relative statement.
i've moved to a little neighborhood called Hillcrest, where the restaurants, small businesses,
dog walkers, farmers market's and social butterflies are thriving.

i live with my best friend Megg and two other lovely ladies. We have a great house, lots of roome to dance and cook and play and write music and be comfortable, be hospitable, be the true windblown, earthy, creative gypsies we are.

Life here, especially this last week not having school or any big obligations besides my yoga and various lunch appointments with friends and little birds, is simple. i walk to the gym. i walk to the grocery store. the post office is just up the street, right next to the fresh flower guy, just across from my favorite thai restaurant, which is just a stone's throw away from balboa park where i can go play frisbee, run, take a nap, visit a museum, paint, get lost in the gardens or make friends with the elder members of the grass bowling club.

you see, hillcrest is so unique. besides the overly obvious and flaunted homosexual population here, the hillcrest neighborhood is funky. the streets are funky and full of flare. the houses are funky, old but contemporary. the people are funky, so many perosonalities, so many stories, so many different vibes being cast around during the day as you waltz down the street.

i suppose i fit pretty well here, keeping in mind my own funky, awkward, delicate, curious nature and lifestyle. i'm have high hopes for this place, the space Megg and I have created in our home, the adventures and people i will meet here, the challenges of living independently, the beauty of being in a 'real' neighborhood and the consistent pursuit of living out my desire to be Christlike, a good steward of God's love and provision... to love others and take responsibility for those around me, for myself, for my earth...

so here's a few blinks of life in hillcrest for you to try and piece together and stay on the journey with me... cheers to the new year

No comments:

Post a Comment