NOTE TO READERS

i'm changing blog sites. eventually i will just get my own domain and stop moving around so much, but for now i've found one that suits my needs. so if you're familiar or new, please check out

www.granolapath.tumblr.com

much love,
britta


4.05.2009

permanents and flat irons...hair care


correct me if im off base here, but i have a legitimate concern that i am losing my hair...

let me clarify though, by 'losing my hair' i mean 'losing that beautiful blonde luster that has defined and propelled me for the 22 years of my existence!'

for the last 3 weeks, nearly every day i am finding (and intentionally removing) long strands of deep brown and black hair. i find myself questioning my identity, my religion, my social ranking...what long term impact will a progressive change from blonde to auburn have on my life as it is now? will my friends view me the same? will my outlook on life be drastically different, maybe even better, if i were a darker breed of blonde?

these are the kinds of questions that i ponder sometimes, often during the middle portions of my literature classes when the class discussion has become too heated or the sun is shining too brightly outside to concentrate on anything meaningful.

i hope i find some answers, and i really hope i don't lose all my blonde hair. for now, shampoo, conditioner, smoothing serum and lots of love for those little whispy curls will be the prescribed ritual until further notice...

No comments:

Post a Comment