NOTE TO READERS

i'm changing blog sites. eventually i will just get my own domain and stop moving around so much, but for now i've found one that suits my needs. so if you're familiar or new, please check out

www.granolapath.tumblr.com

much love,
britta


6.15.2009

effulgence and aum


much like the perfectly clear blue sky that lingered endlessly and cohesively across the sea's shoulders yesterday in the late sunlight of a warm, windy sunday afternoon, i aspire to be expansive, bright, limitless, and radiant. yet even on the most pristine of days, when the world and all its pieces are so completely awe inspiring, when my vision and my horizons seem to have so much clarity, i question whether being radiance can truly exist and thrive at all times, both in nature and in myself.

breathtaking is a word i often use to try and describe how being alive affects me. taking notice of the grandeur of things: nature, people, physical elements, emotions, awareness.

i'm doing a lot of breathtaking lately. intentionally and surprisingly. there's times in this period of transition where everything seems so clear and direct in front of me; what i need to do, who i need to be invested in, where i want to go etc. and at those very moments of pristine clarity, everything also seems so expansive, so overwhelming, so limitless that i have a hard time catching my breath.

Folding a yoga mat has become such a normal ritual to me; breathing steadily and purposefully, the muscles of my body and my mind being stretched and rejuvenated. I feel the strong deep vibrations buzzing throughout my spine and my spirit- aum-

i guess these days are filled with lots of good open space to think, to fill out job applications, to pray and meditate and ask myself thick questions about who and what i want to become, how i want to live my life, to enjoy the abundance of clear blue skies and let myself get lost in dizzying thoughts with the trust and confidence that all of those will come together in due time in a beautiful story, a beautiful unfolding journey...

under His skies,
b

No comments:

Post a Comment