NOTE TO READERS

i'm changing blog sites. eventually i will just get my own domain and stop moving around so much, but for now i've found one that suits my needs. so if you're familiar or new, please check out

www.granolapath.tumblr.com

much love,
britta


6.28.2009

patience. sprouting .seeking


there's a few things on my mind these days... i think they're pretty well summed up by these two separate, but very related verses.
2 timothy 1:7 says "for God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline". this has been ringing in my ears as i've been meditating in scripture and trying to push myself in my relationships, my job hunt, my passions, etc. i'm not one to be shy or fearful, but so often i experience small surges of these emotions in the midst of life in transition...questions, unknowns, changes, exciting developments... i have all the strength and confidence i need because i know and trust that He has made me the way i am, has given me my gifts and desires for me to be bold and to live abundantly... However, with these changes in my role, my friendships, my career directions and new seasons, i also must take to heart that fruit takes time to grow from certain planted seeds, that patience is among the most needed medicines, that those dreams and hard work which will be long lasting and bountiful can hardly materialize overnight...
2 peter 3.9 says "the lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance". as i pray for the Lord to increase in me His patience, to provide for me and guide me, i'm also remembering that He is faithful to keep these promises. there are a myriad of delicate, intricate examples of this all around me that encourage me to continue to seek Him, to challenge myself in my faith, in my questions, in my relationships, in my community...

No comments:

Post a Comment