NOTE TO READERS

i'm changing blog sites. eventually i will just get my own domain and stop moving around so much, but for now i've found one that suits my needs. so if you're familiar or new, please check out

www.granolapath.tumblr.com

much love,
britta


8.31.2009

more on breath


my arms stretch back as the muscles in my neck pull my head to the side and i devour the air residing in that pocket just beyond my ear. my forehead splashes back into the cool water as my shoulder turns, stretching far and my hand reaches forward launches my entire body ahead with strength and poise. bubbles explode and tickle my chin as the air continue to flow out from my nose, my chest and my mind are emptied and just at that peak moment when, for .00001 second motion ceases, the deep muscles of my abdomen contract and turn my body to the left, my arm, which knows it should stretch itself out before the sun and the sky arches back again and leads my collar bone to tell rumors to my neck muscles to follow along and...and my lunges are somehow again filled with air, that elixir of life and breath and being...

breathing in, deeply. kicking, pulling, pushing, swimming, looking turning, pushing, pulling kicking, deeply, breathing out.

the most pure, revitalizing, balancing, and calming practice. swimming is just like yoga. i can feel my entire body expand, open up, calm down as it warms up, stretch out and take in the energy it creates and expels. nothing like a cool dip in the warm morning air to free my mind, my body, to let myself go and pump and go and...breath

No comments:

Post a Comment