NOTE TO READERS

i'm changing blog sites. eventually i will just get my own domain and stop moving around so much, but for now i've found one that suits my needs. so if you're familiar or new, please check out

www.granolapath.tumblr.com

much love,
britta


2.05.2009

nothing like a rainy day

there's a river of thoughts rushing through my head lately...especially today. it was one of those days that i woke up and everything was somehow off...my body was sick, my mind was running, my spirit was dry, my energy was very inward, closed.

and somehow in the midst of the puzzles and traps i can conjure for myself in my brain, whether i'm fussing about my schedule and how much reading i'm NOT going to get done before class or if i'm focusing on the deep longing in my heart to create art, music, poetry that will in some beautiful manner make tangible or bring to life my swirling emotions and yet not even being able to even comprehend or organize what those emotions are...somehow i make it through the day. somehow i make the time to sit and pray, to nourish my body slowly and thankfully, somehow it works out that i understand what i was supposed to understand for class and still have time to have meaningful conversations and fellowship with close friends...

i'm not sure how all these concepts, musings, questions or thoughts will take shape or when or even if they will at all...but i do know that the afternoon promised rain, and rain it did deliver. rain in the most cleansing, dimension increasing, rich, soothing, loosening and freeing way. i went for a walk, allowing the wetness to soak through the cold skin on my feet, let it drip of the tip of my warm lips, let it drench me in whatever magical, divine, blissful elixer it could... somehow the day ended up being pretty 'on'...

there's nothing like a rainy day to do me good, to bring clarity to all this haze...

till the next storm...b

No comments:

Post a Comment